To help assure fairness in the enforcement of parking violations, a two-tiered appeals process was created to hear appeals of violation notices.
Level I: You may first ask to speak with a Parking Services Officer about the ticket. The officer may recommend to the Parking Services Manager cancellation of the fee, in part or whole, or refer the individual to Level II of the appeal process.
Level II: Any person who is not satisfied with the decision by the Parking Services Officer may have the citation reviewed by a Parking Appeals Committee consisting of students, faculty, and staff persons. The Committee's charge is to determine:
- If the enforcement action was in accordance with Texas State's Traffic and Parking Regulations, and
- If an extreme or extenuating circumstance might warrant dismissal or reduction of the fee.
To file a Level II appeal, you must:
- Complete an appeal form (see link below).
- Pay the violation charges.
- File the appeal at Parking Services within 10 working days from the time the ticket was issued.
Appeals of a boot removal fee, or fees associated with the release of an impounded vehicle can be made only to the Parking Appeals Committee. In addition to the written appeal, persons appealing a boot or impound may request to speak directly to the Committee.
Payment of the fine is not considered an admission of guilt. For violation notices, the Committee's decision is based only on the written information provided in the appeal. Verdicts are posted monthly at Parking Services. The Appeals Committee's decisions are final. When a ticket is dismissed or the fine reduced, refunds of the fees are mailed to the last reported permanent address.