UPPS 05.07.02 § 13.01
"Parking inside fenced staging or construction areas will be limited. The staging areas are not intended to be parking areas."
Contractor Permit Rules
Texas State University students may not ever use contractor permits.
Permit requests, changes, and updates will only be accepted from the contact person of record for the company.
Once permits are processed they must be paid for.
Permit approval takes 3 – 5 business days. Permit processing times takes 1 – 3 business days. At peak times, such as preparing for the start of a new academic year, permit approval and processing may take longer.
Contractor Permits will be virtual and need to follow all rules regarding virtual display of permits.
- Valid from purchase date thru August 08, 2021.
- Only one vehicle may be assigned to a permit.
- Contractor Permits will be virtual and need to follow all rules regarding virtual display of permits.
- If an assigned license plate leaves the company, it is the company’s responsibility to notify parking services so it can be removed from their account. A new vehicle can be added to existing permits only if it is replacing a vehicle that is being removed from that permit.
- Must list a start date.
- Maximum of 8 weeks, per request.
- Only valid on the vehicle they are issued to.
Red Zone Permits
- Job superintendents and limited essential personnel.
- Maximum 5 permits per project.
- Subcontractors are limited to 2 red permits per project.
P10 West/Round Rock
- General contractors and workers.
- San Marcos - Only valid in the P10 West parking lot.
- Round Rock - Only valid in the purple parking zones at the Round Rock Higher Education Center.
- The license plate associated with the permit must be accurate and visible.
- If physical permits are issued, both virtual and physical permits MUST be displayed at all times, in all vehicles to legally park on campus.
- Physical permits must be hung from the rear-view mirror with decal number facing toward the front windshield.
- Vehicles illegally parked on campus or those that do not have a permit are subject to ticketing, immobilization (booting), and towing at the vehicle owners' expense.
- The Company or Business is solely responsible for all citations.
- All Citations MUST be paid before any permits will be processed.
- Any person or company that has parked a vehicle(s) on University property which has (have) been issued five (5) or more tickets in a 12-month period will be considered a Chronic Offender of the university's parking rules. For the sixth (6th) and all subsequent violations, the ticket fee will be $150 and the vehicle is subject to impound.
A permit request form must be filled out every time permits are requested. Incomplete forms will be returned for completion.
By completing the form, contractors acknowledge and agree to abide by all Texas State University Parking Rules and Regulations, and the Contractor Rules.